In 2010 Metromix took on the supply of 25,000m³ of concrete for Sydney’s Desalination Pipeline project. At Metromix, we are a company with a ‘can do’ attitude. Many companies weren’t up to the challenge of the logistics of this project, however Metromix grabbed the opportunity.
- Have the resources and manpower to pour over 25,000m³ of concrete
- Develop a new specialist range of flowable products for pipeline pouring
- Deliver an average pour size of 400m³
- Comply with stringent WHS standards and fatigue management policies
To meet these challenges and successfully complete this project, Metromix worked closely with the customer and provided:
- A range of specialist flowable fills and grouts
- Fully coordinated logistics systems from material sources to in situ delivery
- Plant and process modifications to deliver large volumes of concrete around the clock.